Wilshire Park Baptist Church © 2019
Women on Mission
We may be a small church, but our members have huge hearts and a tremendous desire to show God’s love to others. Here are some ministry opportunities that may seem small toyou, but in fact impact God’s kingdom for eternity. Please consider participating in whatever way God leads you.
Baby Bags for The Life Center
We made 20 of the new baby bags (10 boys, 10 girls) in October. It costs $25-$35 per bag using the full-size products. We’ve been asked to provide at least 15 bags every few months so we’ll be assembling them once a quarter. Feel free to bring any items you see on sale, specifically diapers, wipes, toiletries, onesies, bibs, socks, mittens & pacifiers. Every bag is given to a mother who has chosen LIFE instead of abortion. If you’d rather give a monetary donation, please mark it ‘Baby Bags.’ See LeeBell Ulvestad for more information.
Operation Christmas Child
OCC is upon us and you have the opportunity to change not just one child’s life but 7-10 people in that child’s family with one shoebox! Here are ways you can help:
1. Church-wide Packing Party in the Gym on November 16 at 5pm. We could really use help packing shoeboxes and taking them to the Sanctuary. Snacks will be provided. Get your kids and grandkids involved and teach them about the value of giving to others.
2. Volunteer at the Collection Center November 17-23. There’s a sign-up sheet in the Sunday School boxes to volunteer for the week of Ingathering at Bellview Baptist. There are 2 hour shifts. Those of us who helped last year learned a lot and had a blast!
3. Donate $9 per box for postage. Feel free to donate by putting money in the OCC box by the organ. You could fill prescription bottles with quarters; a regular size one holds $9 and a larger one holds $15. This is a great way to use your change and bless a child in the process.
4. Pack as many shoeboxes as you feel led on your own. Bring them to the Sanctuary to put under the OCC Christmas tree. Please don’t seal them shut. Consider putting a note of encouragement or short letter telling the child about yourself. You can include a photo if you’d like. Bring all boxes to the Sanctuary no later than Sunday, November 24.
5. Pray, pray, pray over your shoeboxes. You’ll have an eternal impact on countless people’s lives as you help provide the gospel of Jesus Christ - of hope and love - to children and families who have never heard the gospel before.
Christmas Mission Auction Saturday, December 7
Preview will be at 6:00 pm, Bidding starts at 6:30 pm. Bring your favorite snacks/food to share. We have 7 beautiful quilts to auction and the bidding should be spirited! Plan with your Sunday School class to put together a basket for the auction (kitchen items, tools, specialty food items, beauty products, etc.). If you have a particular craft or hobby, feel free to donate items accordingly. Gift cards are also appreciated. This is one of our yearly highlights and an event not to be missed. Brother Glenn is the auctioneer and bidding can get really exciting. Our goal this year is $10,000 and all the money goes to our annual Missions Offering.
Dave Ramsey Simulcast / Financial Peace University Classes will be Tuesday, January 7 through March 3 at 6:30 pm. Invite friends, family and anyone else who can use help getting their finances under control. Go to Financial Peace University to sign up. For any questions, see the Ulvestad’s or Alicia Nettles.